Want to quickly convey a website idea to designers, or print a site complete with banners, feeds, images, etc. intact? I came across a great screen capture tool that takes a snapshot in seconds -- Aviary's Talon. Very user-friendly, and it's free.
Website Screen Capture in 4 Easy Steps
1. Register with Aviary by creating a username and password:
2. Select the Screen Capture
3. Enter the url address of the site you want to capture:
4. Click and drag your mouse on all or any part of the saved site. Release the mouse button at the bottom right corner of your image, select save. Your site will be converted and uploaded into the "Falcon image markup" page where you will gain access to toolbars for drawing shapes, arrows, text, filling color, cropping, resizing and more.
Crop, insert arrows, move images or make comments
Download and Share your Captured Site
After your site is copied, you can save it to your desktop, send it to the printer or generate a url to share with your design team. To create a link for your site, click on the Save and Host Online button located at the top bar of the Falcon editor page. Click Save It for a listing of these 5 options:
1. Aviary page URL (file comments & versions)
2. Aviary editor URL (edit this file directly)
3. Image URL: http://rookery9.aviary.com.s3.amazonaws.com/5259500/5259664_c460_625x625.jpg
4. HTML embed code (linked thumbnail for blogs)
5. Forums embed code